Unfortunately, we sometimes find ourselves the target of scammers making false offers of employment while presenting themselves as legitimate Subsea 7 employees.
If you are concerned that you have been approached by Subsea 7, or an agency claiming to represent us, but think it may not be genuine, here is what to look out for:
- We don’t ask candidates for money at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Please check the email address and any web addresses – a legitimate offer will only ever come from a @subsea7.com email address. We will never send emails from free web-based email accounts such as Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
- All current vacancies are officially advertised on our website careers section but we often work with recruitment agencies to match candidates to job vacancies and advertise roles on LinkedIn.
- You will never receive an offer if you have not had a conversation with one of our recruitment team. In light of Covid-19, we have moved face-to-face interviews to online conference meeting platforms like Skype or Microsoft Teams.
- We do not ask you for personal information such as passport and bank account details early in the recruitment process.
- You will always be able to contact us on an official Subsea 7 office telephone number, not just a mobile. You can find a list of office locations and telephone numbers in our Contacts section or you can call our switchboard. All official offers are also confirmed in writing.
- If the offer document seems unprofessional, i.e. poorly formatted with a low quality or distorted logo, or poor grammar.
If you have received a job offer via email that you believe to be fraudulent and would like to verify, please send the email to email@example.com. We take recruitment fraud very seriously and any reports of fraudulent activity are dealt with by our security team.
Applications are not accepted or processed via the above email address, please do not send them there.
We recommend that you do not respond to offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar. Do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
If you are interested in a role at Subsea 7, please take a look at our current vacancies. If you can’t find what you want today, set up a job alert and a personal profile.