Frequently Asked Questions
We have gathered some of your most commonly asked questions about applying and working at Subsea7.
How to apply
How do I apply for a position with Subsea7?
If you want to work with us, you can apply for a role by looking at our current vacancies. When you click to apply, you will be prompted to set up a profile with us. Simply complete a profile and apply for any roles you think are suitable.
If you can’t see a job that sounds right for you, you can set up job alerts and we will be in touch when a role that matches your criteria becomes live.
What is a personal profile?
Your personal profile allows you to enter additional information about yourself and your interests. This gives us a better idea about you and allows us to approach you directly if we have a role that could be of interest to you. If you work offshore, particularly if you are looking for day-rate or contract work, simply enter the date you are next available.
The information you provide is stored securely and will not be shared or used for anything other than recruitment purposes.
Setting up a job alert
To set up job alerts you will need to register with our careers site, set up a personal profile and create job alerts according to the roles you are interested in. You can select up to seven locations, disciplines and the frequency you wish to receive your alerts. You can update these at any time. Whenever a new job matching your criteria is posted onto our site we will send you an alert in the timeframe you have selected.
What tips can you give me before I apply for a role at Subsea7?
There are a few key things you can do to ensure your application is successful.
- Be sure to research Subsea7 to help you get to know us
- Make sure your CV is up-to-date, and it’s relevant to the role
- It should be easy to read your CV and understand more about your skills and achievements
- When creating a CV always ensure your most recent experience and education is listed first and follow up by listing your further experience in reverse chronological order
- A key tip to ensure you make the most of your application is to write a great covering letter. This is your chance to tell us, in more detail, why you think you are right for the role.
How can I prepare if I’m invited to interview?
The interview is your chance to showcase your skills, abilities and personality. We are interested to find out more about you.
The kinds of questions we like to ask are:
- Why are you suitable for this job?
- What are your relevant skills and experience?
- What makes you a good candidate?
- What are your strengths and where do you need to develop your skills?
- Why are you interested in this vacancy?
- Why are you interested in Subsea7?
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- Why are you looking for a new role?
- What are your longer-term aspirations and ambitions?
It’s also a good idea to ask us some questions too. It’s important you use the time to work out if you think you would be a good fit. We want you to come away from the interview with the information you need to make an informed decision about working at Subsea7.
Where do you advertise your vacancies?
While we do post jobs on external sites, the best place to view our current vacancies is on our careers site.
Can I make a speculative application?
Unfortunately, we don’t accept speculative applications. But, by creating job alerts and a personal profile you allow us to search for you and know more about your areas of interest. We can then get in touch if we have a new role that may be of interest to you.
Do you offer internships at Subsea7?
We do offer internships at Subsea7. The best way to search for internships roles is to head to our careers page and search for internship placements within our current vacancies
Do you offer graduate placements at Subsea7?
We do offer graduate placements and have a graduate programme. Embark on a two-year programme and experience a range of work placements.
I’m an experienced professional engineer, how can I transfer my skills and experience into the energy industry?
We welcome experienced engineers from other industries across multiple global locations. When you join us, you will participate in a specialised training programme, which is designed to provide you with the correct knowledge and skills that you can take into your new role. We advertise these programme placements on our current vacancies page. You can keep an eye out for job openings, or register for job alerts.